Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thelemic Haiku Contest



A haiku is a poetic style of Japanese origin. The modern western method is three lines of 5-7-5 syllables.

I like writing haiku's in my spare time. They are short enough to write quickly and without any of that tiresome rhyming. Plus, by confining yourself to the short economic poetic style it is easy to sound deep and thoughtful without a lot of effort.

In a silly twist I have come up with my own sub-generia of haiku, the thelemic haiku or Thelemaku.


A Thelemaku is very simalar to a traditional haiku but follows the following style:

Three lines for Nuit, Hadit, and Ra-Hoor-Khuit.
Using a 3-5-3 style for a total of 11 syllables.
Using exactly 7 words is ideal.

Traditionally Haiku's are about nature, Thelemaku's are about magick, mysticism, and Thelemic concepts.

---------------

In that vain, I am proud to announce my first blog contest. Try your hand at writing Thelemaku's and post your work on the comment section of this post. I will choose the best one and as a prize I will publish it as it's very own future post!

(I never said it would be a good prize....)

Let the creative juices flow and lets see what you got!

1 comment:

Monkman418 (from sacred-magick) said...

Once is shown
Twice comes never more
Thrice at once!

Force crowned and
Flight, weeping, reaped thee!
Sextant to

Sever the
Hate, mind chaining love:
Lion snake!

Yod is 10
And again the spark,
Oh, love me!