Sunday, July 27, 2008

My First Astral Experience


I was reading over another's blog about astral projection and it reminded me of my first full astral projection. Back in 2005 I was already pretty skilled in mental projection or scrying in the spirit vision as the Golden Dawn calls it via pathworking. I always got a very strong bi-location sensation and always learned things I didn't know from the experiences. So those who say it is only imagination are wrong. Regardless I wanted more. I craved the full on really real experience of an out of body experience such as the likes of Monroe and Bruce write about. Sources agree that on a long enough time line that mental projection leads to astral projection step by step, but I was impatient. Besides I wasn't even entirely sure projection as I wanted was even real or possible, but I was going to try.

I had read all the books and internet postings I could and tried a variety of techniques and tips without success, but night after night I kept trying. Finally deciding Bruce's "Rope Technique" was the one to concentrate my efforts upon.

Then one night I had gone through the projection routine. I was pulling and climbing the rope and had been for some time, when suddenly I heard a rumbling sound like a semi truck driving down the road. In fact that is what I thought it was at first, then the rumbling sound started coming from me and my body started shaking like I was in an earthquake. I felt like those bars on your stereo that bounce up and down as the music plays. The last thought in my head was, "This is it!". When all of a sudden my feet flew up into the air and my entire body pivoted about my head as my body swung 90 degrees with my feet straight up into the air and me standing on my head!

I instantly panicked as I was upside down and completely blind. I wildly swung my arms around desperately trying to grab a hold of something, anything, so I could pull myself upright, but I was unable to see or feel anything around me even though the headboard of the bed and the wall should have been right there next to me.

Then just as suddenly as it had happened I found myself back in my body. It was over. The entire experience had lasted maybe 30 seconds.

Not the most flattering story but it proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that astral projection was real. That the experience itself is real, not imagination, no dream like qualities, real. Just as real as me typing this now.

Feel free to laugh at my expense, I don't mind. It was one of the highlights of my magical career at that point and gave me the fortitude to continue my attempts. Without it I probably would have decided that the stories and books were exaggerations and the hour of sleep a night I was losing just wasn't worth it.

1 comment:

Michael said...

That's a very encouraging post, especially for someone like me who hasn't had much luck with Astral Projection.

How are things now? Have you had any more experiences, and if so, what techniques are you using?